Nicad charging.

Subject: Nicad charging.
From: "Stuart Fairbairn" <>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:05:54 +1100
I took my new HHb Portadisk out recording. The battery indicated 75% at the
start but within 20 minures was down to 10% and the machine stopped. Returning
home I put the supplied DC in and the charge light came on. Within1.5 Hours the
light had gone out and the battery indicator said 99%! I had expected it to
take 12/14 hours. I suppose this was a memory effect from standing for a long
time since packing at the manufacturers.

I have now purchased a special nicad charger and put a new set of batteries on
charge. This took about 12 hours. When I change them over should I
do a couple of discharge, takes 6 hours, and full recharge, perhaps twice with
the original batteries?

I guess you answer will be YES.

I'm a lurker but each days reading of the mail is quite a highlight. Please
keep it up.

Stuart.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:57 2005
Message: 10