Re: Central American destinations

Subject: Re: Central American destinations
From: "coneybej" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:25:05 -0000
I am in the early planning stages for a trip to Central America to
birdwatch and record. Past experience tells me that I shouldn't try
to visit too many places over too short a time period as I can't do
everything at once. So I am thinking of spending an entire week
in one location or possibly 3 days in one and 4 in another.
Examples of locations which seem attractive include Chan Chich
in Belize and the Monteverde area in Costa Rica. Both cases
have accomodation w meals, however the Chan Chich area
appears much more remote (and hopefully quieter for
recording?)

Have any of this group spent time in either of these areas? Any
comments? Or what about Rancho Naturalista and the Tarcol
Lodge locations? Or would you care to suggest any other
locations I may not have "discovered" yet?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Regards,

Howard Coneybeare
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada