Seeking Whale Recordings

Subject: Seeking Whale Recordings
From: John-Michael Dumais <>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:54:00 -0400
Hello. I am planning to make a recording of whalesong and humansong
together, to support the legal efforts of those fighting against the
deployment of the US Navy's LFA (low frequency active) Sonar. I have been
active in the campaign since 1998, but as you may know we are still
facing an uphill battle, while more cetaceans are being killed, and
countless others are being hurt and driven from their migration routes
and mating grounds. I am seeking 20-40 minutes of whale vocalizations
from different whale species, especially humpback, and also from dolphins
and porpoises. Recordings should be CD quality or near enough to sound
good on a CD (16 bit, 44Khz). Short snippets and longer songs are
desirable. If you have access to such recordings and would be willing to
make them available for use, will you please contact me at:
 Thank you.
John-Michael Dumais
Keene, NH
=0D
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!=0D
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!=0D
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:=0D
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.