Re: Cool Edit Pro

Subject: Re: Cool Edit Pro
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:32:18 -0400
You want to use uncompressed formats for storing your recordings.
Working with a PC, .wav is a good one to use. Aiff (.aif) is equivalent
on macs. Also it's best to stick with CD sampling rates 44kHz, 16bit.
Higher rates are ok, but use more disk space, and you will quickly find
that sound eats disk space in large quantity.

A alternative is to burn to audio CD format. Though probably not for
something you are actively working on.

.mp3 should be used for it's original purpose only, to make a small file
for listening or sending through the internet. Consider it a dead end,
just a listening copy.

Walt