Quick Parabolic

Subject: Quick Parabolic
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:41:51 -0400
Two photos:
http://frog_recordist.home.mindspring.com/naturerecordists/QuickParabolic1.jpg
http://frog_recordist.home.mindspring.com/naturerecordists/QuickParabolic2.jpg

I did this in about a hour, this is what the drawing I gave below looks
like. I did not mount the mic inside the end cap, and it's all just
slipped together (you would want to glue the handle to the T, but
probably not the rest).  This one is made with 3/4" PVC pipe. The
reflector is my spare Telinga one, the same design would work with
others like the one available from Edmond Scientific:
http://www.scientificsonline.com/Products/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=2135
Note the Edmond one is polished for solar cooking, it would have to be
painted to keep from cooking your mic.

Walt