Re: New Member

Subject: Re: New Member
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:08:19 -0000
Welcome and good recording.
I played a bit with it and I preferred it amplified 15 db and with a
low cut filter below 250 cycles for this recording.  But that can all
be done after the fact and is dependent on your taste and end use.

I found that while I am carrying my binaural the stereo separation
makes it sound as my feet are too far apart.  You will have to play
with the position of your mics to get the right balance for both
close and far.

I don't know the mic you are using so I can not comment there.  You
may find once you play some more that you like having the directional
design and can also use it for some other configurations.  Myself I
have gone down the omni/longshotgun road so far that it will be some
time and a lot of money before I round out my collection and get
cardiods to play with.

When it comes to windscreens it is just playing and you will find the
right combination of foam and/or material to get you good dead
airspace around your mics.  I use a layering approach like winter
clothes but for wind speed instead.

Rich Peet