Re: [Nature Recordist] dissing

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordist] dissing
From: David Pererio <>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:13:07 +1000
Sadly, I think this dialogue is going nowhere - just a few middle-aged
guys with far too much time on their hands conducting a rather pathetic
attempt to see if anyone will still listen to them.  The technology
everybody CHOOSES to use is unimportant and you may debate about this
ad infinitum if you wish:-)

What I consider to be more important here is the wildlife and material
we record rather than the means by which we achieve this, therefore I'm
on the wrong list after all.  Sure, some recordings are better than
others but who REALLY cares?  After a few weeks of listening to ego-
driven deliberations about absolutely everything, I've found I have
absolutely nothing to gain.  Instead you guys should email your
opinions to each other and keep the rubbish off a list which would
otherwise have a great deal of potential.

Meanwhile, I have a real life to get on with and friends in the
industry who are far more open to different ideas.  My advice is for
the all-too-regular contributors to "steer" the thread rather than
commandeering it.  Who knows, you may actually learn something!  I'm
afraid that this list seems to be dominated by a few who fail to allow
any other ideas into their little inner-circle.  So remember, before
you decide to support or trash what I'm saying, it's YOU I'm talking
about...

David.

NEW to mBox, receive faxes to any email address!
Find out more http://www.mbox.com.au/fax