beginners question

Subject: beginners question
From: "su94925" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:07:23 -0000
Thanks all for your responses.  What I am looking for is external
hard drive for working storage backup.  I wouldn't want to loose
everything if my computer burps or I push the wrong button.  I am
a beginner on this also.  Sony is pretty tough, I haven't killed it
yet...no blue screens. I need NAMES of products that you feel are
good for this purpose.  Yamaha and Maxtor are reportedly real sturdy
but there are many, many models and versions etc. and I have only a
fleeting idea of what it all means. I'm learning as fast as I can but
it's a real steep curve.  I'm just at the point where I have a lot of
files now and I want to keep them safe until they're ready to go
permanent and then have the cd writer in place for that next step.
Then I'll figure out how to get rid of this name Yahoo stuck me with.
My name really is Su Anderson.  Thanks for all your help.