Re: Audio Software

Subject: Re: Audio Software
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:46:27 -0700
At 08:18 PM 8/11/2002, Melquiades Pi=F1eda wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>

>    I'm in the market for an audio software program for my PC. I hope
>to reduce noise reduction and to clean up some of my NE Mexico bird
>recordings. I've read up on some of the newer programs but can't
>figure what is best for my needs. Any thoughts as to what I should
>get?

Many of us PC users like Syntrillium's CoolEdit 2000 or CoolEdit Pro. The
"Pro" has some enhancements that few of us find useful. The "2000" version=

has everything that a recordist needs to start. You can download a free
version (it allows only a few of its functions to operate in any one
session) at http://syntrillium.com/cooledit/. One great thing about
CoolEdit is that so many of us are users, so we can help out with any
questions you have.

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA