Re: Practical considerations

Subject: Re: Practical considerations
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 00:46:59 -0000
Welcome John.
I have no experience at your level and it sounds like you are at home.

I may have no cause to suggest but will:
If I was to attempt what you live daily I would spend my time looking
at what satellite systems are available to get your sound into the
internet from the field.  It sounds important to get your sound
quickly out of the world you travel in.  These strange devices we
talk about are less power hungry and smaller than anything that has
ever been built before.  The sound is by far better than could ever
be achieved before.  But the choices are many and little has been
built specifically for us.  I would look for those organizations who
know sound and have ftp: sites to sponsor the sat time and storage in
your support.  I would recommend those new unproven flash recorders
and a primitive computer interface to a sat. transmitter. I would
keep the cassette for when the world comes down on you.  You did not
mention if you have access to a car battery on a nightly basis for
recharge use.  Car and motorcycle batteries are not drained when used
to recharge AA batteries in the field.

Find a sponsor to help on the equipment end and real time tech
support with sat capabilities.  They are out there for you as there
are few that can do what you are doing and many know that.

Good recordings be with you.

Rich Peet