Re: Marantz recorders

Subject: Re: Marantz recorders
From: "adam5532" <>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 00:17:01 -0000
> I know that early runs of the 222, which had both xlr and mini mike
inputs,
> had substantially greater noise on the XLR than on the mini!  I was
told that
> a circuit modification was later made which cured this ill.  We're
talking
> more than a decade ago...

There was never an update from Marantz as far as I know for this
problem (I asked Marantz in the US fairly recently), and all the
PMD222's that we see suffer from it.

We service a vast number of Marantz's and offer a modification for
$75 to reduce the XLR input noise by about 10dB (to the same level as
the mini jack).

- Adam Liberman
Liberman Sound
www.libermansound.com