Re: De-lurking/silence

Subject: Re: De-lurking/silence
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:23:28 -0000
Welcome, and please jump in. People like me are very weak in how to
properly incorporate natural sound with dialog.  Even the techniques
of what compliments verses what is interfering is difficult for me to
determine.

I think many of us would agree that even the current dialogs used in
species id material is "overly over" and detracts from the recordings.

It is great to see another sound person that likes the BWCA.  It is
an area that I visit about three times per year.  The biomass is low
compared to about anywhere but the soundscape is very quiet. I hope
you return for the dead of winter when the snow deads the sound, yet
a wolf pack will carry for 7 miles.