Re: Minidisc Recording Problem

Subject: Re: Minidisc Recording Problem
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:40:14 -0700 (PDT)
> Wonder where that came from. My two main audio programs are Peak and
> Spark XL. Which is a hint, I use macs, not PC's. I do often point out to
> people that CoolEdit seems to be commonly used in the PC environment. I
> don't have Cooledit, though it would probably run in Virtual PC on the mac.

Hey Walt,

D'oh!  Must have been your recommendation to someone else that caught my
eye!  I know *someone* around here is often referring to its
capabilities...

> editing. Samplitude sounds to be more in the line of Spark XL.

It's probably most comparable to Logic Audio or ProTools in terms of
emphasis -- the file editing features are only half the story, it really
shines when doing multitracking.

FWIW I don't do any multi-track straight recording -- I just use the
multitrack capabilities for compositional purposes...

(Although, I'm quite keen to start doing multi-channel recording for my
own amusement ... but again, my interests are pretty atypical for this
list.)

Best,
 aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org