Re: Mic cables and mic impedance

Subject: Re: Mic cables and mic impedance
From: Vicki Powys <>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:28:33 +1000
Syd,

It is not clear to what extent you planned to cover the mic with plastic.
If wrapped around the mic, a film of plastic would definitely affect the
sound quality.

Here's an idea, could you rig up a miniature A-frame tent over the fixed
mic, i.e. made of taut, Scotchgarded cotton-cloth material.  That would shed
water if it rained, but be acoustically transparent, and not as noisy if
condensation dripped onto it while you were recording.

Vicki Powys
Australia