Re: .wav display

Subject: Re: .wav display
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:35:22 -0400
>Dear Gerald White:

There are also some alternatives OUTSIDE of cool I've used.  Of course
making a stereo file from two monos is terrific for two. I also sometimes
want to place the spectrograms under scrutiny of measurement, for time and
freq. etc..

So I capture the spectrum and save it as a GIF file.
HOW you capture it depends on your graphics software and its options.

I use Paint Shop Pro Version 5.
After entering it it has an main menu option to "capture".

You decide how to tell the computer when and what to capture (as a hot key
or click or timer, the whole window or client area).
Then you "start capture", at which point it switches to the next in line
open window (like pressing Alt TAB) .
So you move to Cool Edit, in spectrum mode, with all the [F4] spectral
parameters set as you want them, and execute the hot key, or wait for the
timer, and in PSP you have a new image.  Much depends on the overall
graphics setting for your desktop and so on, but you can then annotate the
picture with your graphics program, print it out, etc. to compare with
other spectra.
It is also terrific for sending as a GIF to other folks.

Good luck.  Marty

my very best,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates
75 Hannah Drive, Hollis, NH 03049

coming soon : EnjoyBirds bird identification software.