Re: .wav display

Subject: Re: .wav display
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:02:42 -0400
Dear GDW, whomever you may be:

I am not sure exactly which of these options you would want; it may be that
none fits your needs.  I mention two.

A: My son mixes-down up to 50 tracks from various wav files into a single,
stereo CD which he then burns.  He uses the multi-track view, which toggles
with [F12].  I have no idea how to use it, but when I pass his computer he
seems to be looking at many files, each placed at its own start - finish
points.  I have also watched him make waveform lists [F9] and record new
tracks in the multi-track mode.

If you go into the multi-track mode and click HELP and choose multi, you
will quickly know more than I do.
I believe it is limited to waveform mode only, that is, no spectra.

B: In single file mode, you can open dozens of files at once, but the
program only shows you one window at a time, each either in spectral or
waveform mode.  Switching you can use Windows menu, or Ctrl-TAB to switch
through the series, one at a time.

But so far I cannot do exactly what you ask, display two at once onscreen.

Please remember to have your name and location on all your future posts, we
try to be a family group.
Best, Marty

At 02:22 PM 5/14/02 +0000, you wrote:
>All,
>I would like to display two different .wav files at the same time
>with Cool Edit Pro 1.2a, is this possible and if so where do I find
>the command.

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates
75 Hannah Drive, Hollis, NH 03049

coming soon : EnjoyBirds bird identification software.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:23 2005
Message: 8