Re: Timed recording devices?

Subject: Re: Timed recording devices?
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:42:35 -0000
I will take a quick shot at this as I have been playing but not
totally completed with a production product for timed record.
The neat thing about the sony minidisc is that they use the
same "remote control" electronics for all the portables.  If it sees
a certain resistance across pins 2 and 4 of the remote plug it will
perform the command.  There is a resistance for going to record but
it is better to use the "pause" resister value. Machine low voltage
cycle timers are available with relays in industrial supply
catalogs.  I am using a cooking count down timer which is only good
for one event.  I then clip the output transister to the speaker and
insert a transister output, optocoupler and the correct resister. I
am then putting a D cell in place of the outboard AA cell for
increasing the life of the battery.

Sorry that I am packing to leave in a couple hours for recording so
can not look up a model and make of a industrial cycle relay timer
for you. Just use a cut up pc board for inserting into the remote
socket of a sony minidisc as the thickness will be right.