RE: Re: Birdsong Request

Subject: RE: Re: Birdsong Request
From: "Monty Brigham" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:11:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: richpeet
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 10:33 AM
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: Birdsong Request

lol, left hand didn't know right hand.
Looks like my permit request is now on a faster track.
Thanks for the heads-up walt.

--- In  Walter Knapp <> wrote:
> I got the note below from Mark Alt, who was, until recently a
member. As
> I think most of you have figured out by now, I record mostly
frogcalls,
> so can't help. If you can help him, contact Mark at the address he
> gives.
>
> Walt
>

> > I got a request from the Minnesota Department of Natural
> > Resources to get them a CD of indigenous birdcalls, high quality,
that could
> > be played in a loop in their MN State Fair Booth every fall.  The
list for
> > birds is in the body of her memo below.  Do you have a suggested
method or
> > resources for getting this? Is it unreasonable to assume this can
be gotten
> > without copyright infringement, at low or no cost, and that with
credits
> > given to all who help, should become the property for the DNR to
use every
> > year?  I see this as an opportunity to do this right, not
slapdash, legit,
> > not bootleg. If you can respond to me with your replies, I would
be
> > grateful.
> >
> > Mark Alt
> > Brooklyn center, Hennepin County, MN
> >
> > (w)952-995-4427
> > (fax)952-430-5201
> > "Birds and their songs matter to me - they add to my enjoyment of
life"

Wildlife
> > wing.
> > They will be incorporated into a system that uses a chip that
will be
> > programmed
> > along with lights as you walk through the exhibit. If you could
provide a
> > source for any of these that we could copy to make up this chip
it will be
> > great. Of course we are looking for copyright free material but
know that
> > may not be possible. Thank you.
> > Adele
> >
> > Featured Sounds
> > Great Horned Owl
> > Upland Sand piper
> > Prairie Chicken
> > Canada goose
> > Timberwolf
> > Raven
> > Ruff Grouse
> > Turkey
> >
> > Background sounds
> > Medow Lark
> > Quail
> > Redtail hawk
> > Sandhill Crane
> > Bobolinks
> > Marble Godwits
> > Frogs
> > Blue-wing teal
> > Mallard
> > Blackbird yellow-head
> > Black-throated warbler
> > Connecticut warbler
> > Grosbeak
> > Chickadee
> > Grey Jay
> > Scarlet Tanager
> > Red Belly Woodpecker
> > Indigo Bunting
> > Barred Owl
> > Downey Woodpecker
> >
> > I have most of these sounds on my CD Bird Sounds of Canada that
sells for $100.00 CDN 6 CD for the set

> > Adele Smith
> > Department of Natural Resources
> > 500 Lafayette Rd
> > St Paul MN, 55155-4046
> >
> > Fax 651-296-0902
> > Phone 651-297-1899

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:17 2005
Message: 11
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:27:58 -0500
From: Walter Knapp <>

richpeet wrote:

> lol, left hand didn't know right hand.
> Looks like my permit request is now on a faster track.
> Thanks for the heads-up walt.

Nice to have a side benefit. Funny how permits are much easier to get
when they want something.