Request for Sounds - Animal Diversity Web

Subject: Request for Sounds - Animal Diversity Web
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:03:36 -0700
Dr. Cynthia Simms Parr, of the University of Michigan's "Animal Diversity
Web" has asked me for some sounds of which I don't have good examples. I
know that some of you have these, so I'm forwarding her request to the
list. The Animal Diversity Web is a wonderful site
(http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu) whose mission is to be "An on-line
database of animal natural history, distribution, classification, and
conservation biology..." . I have donated all of my on-line sounds for
their use, and I think it is a very worthy cause. I encourage our members
to help them out as much as you can.

Please respond directly to Dr. Cynthia Simms Parr  at
Here is her list of required sounds:

Rock doves
Downy Woodpecker
Blue Jay