RE: Spring - time for another "Dawn Chorus"?

Subject: RE: Spring - time for another "Dawn Chorus"?
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:44:18 -0700
Awfully early for us at the north pole

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian M. Godfrey
Sent: March 23, 2002 9:18 PM
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Spring - time for another "Dawn Chorus"?

Hi,
   On September 1st we (the NatureRecordists group, under Vicki Powys'
direction) did a really cool dawn chorus project where many of us
recorded a snippet of the dawn chorus somewhere near home, and then it
was compiled onto a web page.  The idea was to experience a bit of the
rush of dawn as it progresses around the world.  It was fun, and pretty
cool and I thought it went well for a first try.
   But that was fall in for most of us in the NatureRecordists group.
Now it's spring up here in the northern hemisphere.  There are more
songs for many of us to record and more of us in the group to do the
recording.  Any chance of doing it again, perhaps April or May 1st?  (Or
any other day - how about April 16th, to celebrate the day after tax
day! :-)

--Brian M. Godfrey