Re: Spring - time for another "Dawn Chorus"?

Subject: Re: Spring - time for another "Dawn Chorus"?
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:22:20 +1000
May I endorse Jim's suggestion?  Both the May/June option, and the longer
time.  In Oz, June is just right for lyrebirds.  I'm sure Vicki Powys would
be able to send a beautiful Superb Lyrebird recording, and I could try for
one from an Albert's Lyrebird.  (The slight doubt in my case is the on-going
drought which seems likely to discourage Albert's breeding this year.)

But it does need at least a minute (and preferably longer) to give a minimum
song sample of an Albert's Lyrebird, and probably still more for a Superb.

I'd love to be able to buy a CD recording as Jim suggests - both for the
intrinsic interest of the birds and for the association with individuals
from Naturerecordists, whom I'm never likely to meet, but whose names and to
some extent personalities, have become familiar through postings.

Syd Curtis in Brisbane, Australia

> From: Jim Morgan <>

> I agree with Barb, I think May or June would be better.
>
> But why not let everyone record at their peak time. Whatever that may be.
>
> Also lets go for a longer time and put everything on a cd that we can
> distribute at cost to those who would like one.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Jim
>

> the the contributers At 12:44 AM 3/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
>> Awfully early for us at the north pole
>>
>> Barb Beck
>> Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Message: 2