RE: RFI: BIRD RECORDINGS

Subject: RE: RFI: BIRD RECORDINGS
From: "Ranft, Richard" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:27:30 -0000
Dear Gruff
The British Library's National Sound Archive has over 140,000 recordings of
most species of birds anywhere in the world (over 8,000 species), a major
resource for birdwatchers.  Copies of many recordings can be prepared to
your specification on DAT, CD or analogue tape or cassette.  We do not
deliver sounds by email or over the web.  The copying cost depends on the
use to which they are put, but the lowest cost for private users is based o=
an hourly rate of =A340 (40 UK pounds) studio time.  This equates to about
=A32.50 per species. There are higher charges for those with access to
institutional funds and commercial users. Standard postage is included; VAT
is extra within the EC region.

How to order?  Simply choose which tracks you want from our catalogue at ou=
website (a direct link to the catalogue is  http://cadensa.bl.uk), or if yo=
prefer us to choose, send a list of species direct to us. If you don't find
what you want on the catalogue, just ask - only 50% of our collection is on
the catalogue so far, so we might have just what you need.  State what the
sounds are needed for (this information we need to uphold the rights of the
copyright owners who gave the recordings).  The more notice you can give us
the better, but we can turn around orders within a week if necessary.
-
---------
Richard Ranft                             =

Curator, NSA Wildlife Section,=20=20=20=20=20
The British Library,                     =

National Sound Archive,=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
96 Euston Road,                      =

London NWI 2DB, UK.

email:
voice: +44 (0)20-7412-7402/3
fax:   +44 (0)20-7412-7441
New WWW pages with fully-searchable on-line catalogue at:
http://www.bl.uk/nsa
-
----------

legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify
the  : The contents of this e-mail must not be
disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of
the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British
Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for
the views of the author.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:13 2005
Message: 12