Re: Minidisc recorder and noise floor

Subject: Re: Minidisc recorder and noise floor
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:15:49 -0500
cgorgen wrote:

> Sounds like the right thing to do is save for a better mike. After
> playing around with filtering for a day it's to much of a pain for an
> ongoing process. Thanks for the advice.
> Lets you know how things come out when I get going.

Meanwhile get out there and record! You will be surprised just how much
improvement you can get as you learn technique. Regardless of equipment.
A more expensive mic will help, but even the most expensive mic has
limits too.

And, what's more you will also find out more about what sort of
equipment is appropriate for what you want to record. There is no one
size fits all in this game. So, when you have the money saved, you will
be more likely to make a good choice for you.

Note, keep watching Ebay. It can be a good way to stretch equipment
dollars if done thoughtfully.