canberrabirds

Koel update

To: "" <>, 'Canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Koel update
From: Dr David Rosalky <>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:01:29 +0000

In my neck of the woods, I hear a male and/or a female most days but a few days ago, there was a wild chasing exercise going on involving 2 males and 2 females.  I first became aware or their presence when one pair started screeching right above my head, barely three metres away.  Quite a shock (for me!).  I also heard a begging fledgling in Forrest last weekend (10-11 Feb) in Sorrel St Forrest.

David Rosalky