canberrabirds

Another Possible Cuckoo Dove in the Inner South

To: NF <>
Subject: Another Possible Cuckoo Dove in the Inner South
From: Kim Farley via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 07:16:29 +0000
Hi all and Nik too
Ben has recorded some calls, but it can be hard recording calls while also keeping alert for a view!  Background noise is a big issue unless one has almost professional level equipment. I was not able to confirm the first recording Ben submitted to eBird, but if there is a Brown Cuckoo-dove to be found, I am still hoping Ben or someone else will manage a photo or clear audio recording. I know of at least one other person who has been hunting the bird over the last week or so!
Kim
(wearing the eBird reviewer hat)

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 5:45 PM NF via Canberrabirds <> wrote:
Simply record the call.  Then we know.

Cheers.

Nik