canberrabirds

Koel chicks

To: 'Rob Geraghty' <>, 'Canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Koel chicks
From: jandaholland--- via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 22:10:14 +0000

Many thanks Rob, that’s No 20 for the season that has come to my attention so far this season.  I last discussed the question of adult Koels possibly interacting with fledglings in Section 4.2 of my paper [CBN, 46, 105-118 (2021)] summarising the rise and rise of the Eastern Koel.  As I concluded it needs a proper study rather than my “Citizen Science” type to shed light on the very interesting question of their possible interaction throughout the Koel season here.  Regards  Jack Holland