canberrabirds

Fwd: Field trips for 2024

To: "" <>
Subject: Fwd: Field trips for 2024
From: Sue Lashko via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:50:47 +0000

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: 9 October 2023 at 5:54:33 pm AEDT
To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Field trips for 2024

Dear members

It is that time when I put my mind to field trips for the first 6 months of 2024.  I have gone back through the list of trips since 2000 and have come up with a list of places that have not been visited for at least 4 years (on a weekend walk, although they may have been visited on a Wednesday walk). Some places are within Canberra, while others are just outside (we don't visit Namadgi NP enough), and some are further afield.

Now I am seeking volunteers to lead outings.  For the last few years, we have relied on a very small group of people to carry the burden - just 21 people in 2023 out of a membership of over 300.  Leading a trip is quite easy (I will provide you with guidelines) and there are always other participants who can help you with identification if you are less experienced.

Please study the attached list and contact me if you would be prepared to volunteer as a leader (feel free to suggest possible dates). Trips are traditionally on a Sunday but Saturday is also fine. Let's share the load to keep our field trips' programme vibrant and varied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sue Lashko
Field trips organiser