canberrabirds

Invitation to apply for COG funding to attend Aust Ornithological Confer

To: Canberra birds <>
Subject: Invitation to apply for COG funding to attend Aust Ornithological Conference, Brisbane - Nov 2023
From: Kim Farley via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 10:12:43 +0000

BirdLife Australia and Birds New Zealand are co-hosting the 12th Australasian Ornithological Conference (AOC) in Brisbane/Meaanjin on 28–30 November 2023. The AOC is the primary conference for BirdLife Australia and is the largest biennial gathering of enthusiastic amateur and professional ornithologists from our region.

COG Committee has decided to support a suitably qualified person to attend this important conference.

Applications for funding are open to anyone, either in the ACT or outside it, whose participation in the AOC aligns with COG’s objectives. This will include tertiary students as well as other people undertaking demonstrated research or projects that support our objectives.  While giving a presentation at the conference is not a requirement of COG funding, it would be looked upon favourably as we assess applications.

To apply, and for more information including COG's objectives, see the AOC funding application page on the COG website.

Kim Farley (COG Committee member on behalf of COG Committee)