canberrabirds

Jonette McDonnell

To: "" <>
Subject: Jonette McDonnell
From: jandaholland--- via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:04:03 +0000

I am passing on the very sad news that Jonette has passed away.

Jonette had been a COG member since 1991 and for many years was very active, as longer standing members will remember.  She was a very keen bird observer and participated in many outings, including those I’ve led, still relatively recently on the bus trips Jenny Bounds and I organised over the years.

She also helped Jenny with the Mulligans Flat woodland surveys.  One of my favourite recollections is when, together with Julie McGuiness, we found a Regent Honeyeater there in the late 1990s, I believe the last one ever found on the reserve.

A less pleasant occasion we shared was losing our homes in the January 2003 bushfires.  My most recent contact was when she contributed some important observations I could include in the summary of the record 2020-2021 Eastern Koel fledgling season.

I am sure that many members will remember Jonette very fondly and will join with me in passing our sincerest condolences to John and her family.

There will be a small, private funeral service for family and intimate friends.  If you are interested in attending, I can forward the details to you.

Jack Holland