canberrabirds

Pied Stilts nesting in wetland by Majura Parkway?

To: Canberra birds <>
Subject: Pied Stilts nesting in wetland by Majura Parkway?
From: Kim Farley via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:29:05 +0000
Hi all
There appear to be two occupied Pied Stilt nests on an ephemeral wetland by Majura Parkway.  I say 'appear', because a scope view is needed to confirm it.  What I can see with bins looks like two adult birds on nests and a couple more adults hanging about.  I first saw Stilts here a few weeks ago and suspected a nest, but after heavy rain the nest and birds disappeared. I will take my scope back there tomorrow and check it out.  The place is near the Majura Park exit heading south on the Parkway.  Here is a link to my eBird list with more detail on location
Kim