canberrabirds

COG Wednesday Walk, January 19, 2022

To: "" <>, Canberra birds <>
Subject: COG Wednesday Walk, January 19, 2022
From: sandra henderson via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:55:48 +0000
The January Wednesday Walk will be at Glendale Depot. Meet at 8.30am at the carpark at the Depot (just outside the locked gate).
If you've not been there before, watch for the signs on Boboyan Rd for the Glendale picnic area. The Depot is just after the picnic area, on the left (short unsealed road up to carpark). The main road is sealed.
With COVID on the increase I am not promoting carpooling, but if you share a car think about wearing a mask. If COVID starts spiralling out of control in the ACT  field trips may be cancelled, so check website for any updates to the field trips pro
The walk will be partly on tracks, but there will be some wandering through grassland. There are some slopes to be walked, but of course we'll be walking very slowly. We'll be there around three hours. As usual, ensure you have sturdy shoes, sunscreen, hat, water.
In the past few months I've seen Painted Buttonquail, Southern Whiteface, Diamond Firetails,
Restless Flycatcher, white-winged Trillers, Scarlet Robins and Crescent Honeyeaters at the Depot.
Register with Sandra on with name and phone number, and name and number for an emergency contact.