canberrabirds

Walk to Mulligans Flat on July 15: update

To: COG List <>, COG Wednesday Walkers <>
Subject: Walk to Mulligans Flat on July 15: update
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 20:42:54 +0000
I am sending this out so that as many people as possible are aware of a few developments in arrangements for this walk.

While many people who have registered interest are on the two COG lists in the address field I have been told that a number of others (who emailed me directly and I have blind-copied for privacy's sake) are from the Mulligan’s Flat volunteers group - who are of course very welcome!.  In case I have missed any members of that group who may have registered could someone please post this to that group.

A first point is that we have got a lot of participants for the trip.  To ensure that we are able to maintain social distancing and to ensure that everyone gets a chance to see the birds the walk will be split into two groups.  Details of that process will be explained on the day but hopefully will not impact significantly on the birds seen by each group.

Secondly, I came up from Mallacoota just before the border to NSW was closed.  Although there has not been a case of COVID 19 with 100 km of Mallacoota, and I have displayed no symptoms of the disease, I believe it would be against the spirit of current rules for me to attend.  So the walk will be led by Sandra Henderson and Lia Battisson rather than me.  I thank them greatly for picking up after me!

I have summarised these changes on the COG website entry  for this outing.

Martin Butterfield