canberrabirds

Jerrabomberra Wetlands Billabong area [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "'Fokker, Miriam'" <>, "" <>
Subject: Jerrabomberra Wetlands Billabong area [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 23:08:45 +0000

Hi Miriam,

                           I’m sorry but I disagree with the policy about not topping up Kelly’s swamp. The birds are doing it really tough, because it is so dry due to the weather conditions and the fires have been destroying so much habitat. I believe we should be doing everything possible to provide water for the local birds and also the waders that are passing through. Major rain has not been forecast for another couple of months. Places like Kelly’s swamp are so important for the birds, I think that water should be maintained there.

Regards,

Roger Williams