canberrabirds

FW: Hanging Cockatoo. Any thoughts?

To: 'kevingwenyth' <>, 'Chris Davey' <>, "" <>
Subject: FW: Hanging Cockatoo. Any thoughts?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 06:29:45 +0000

I agree with Gwyenth, This is something that corellas do regularly, typically in combination with various other types of play behaviour. Although to my knowledge this is always done in flocks. Although hanging on like that for so long is strange, also the way this note describes it appears to be just one cockatoo doing it…… . I could only suggest that bird enjoys the feeling………

Philip