canberrabirds

Woodswallows (mainly) Stilts and Avocets

To: "Butterfield, Martin" <>, chatline <>
Subject: Woodswallows (mainly) Stilts and Avocets
From: Michael Lenz <>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 06:20:47 +0000
Today E of Lake George a group of about 70 Woodswallows (40 Masked, 30 White-browed) were feeding on the ground, but their main focus was on a row of old pine trees. Pairs were squabbling with each other in certain parts of the trees, and a pair of Masked Wsw copulated. I suspect, similar to what Martin has reported, that they were showing interest to breed in these trees. At this stage I was not able to find a nest.

Michael Lenz