canberrabirds

Loss of Mature Native Trees listed as threatening process in ACT

To: David Rees <>
Subject: Loss of Mature Native Trees listed as threatening process in ACT
From: Megan Mears <>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:24:10 +0000
Does someone know the name of the planted Eucalypts on Negus Cr?

Thanks,

Megan

On Tue., 2 Oct. 2018, 6:53 pm David Rees, <> wrote:
 I think this instrument is a good idea and congrats to all those who pushed it forwards.  Brings back memories of watching contractors bulldozing matures trees with Superb Parrots nesting in them when clearing the northern edge of the Harrison Oval. Hopefully it may help prevent such 'mistakes' in future...    In fairness to the Negus Cres situation with the Swift parrots it also needs to be said that the birds were feeding in planted street trees put in by the ACT Government, in addition to those that will be lost due to the re-development of the area.

David