canberrabirds

Callum Brae

To: "" <>
Subject: Callum Brae
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 03:26:29 +0000

As with Jenny's note, I recall a "fun run" type of event where several hundred/?thousand people ran past Blundell's Cottage on the lake's edge and underneath a nesting pair of Regent Honeyeaters causing the birds to abandon their nest. With the sort of events being discussed perhaps these sites should be surveyed for several weeks in advance to see just what species are present. They are after all nature reserves.

I am not against these events, what does annoy me more than runners are mountain bikers who can't read signs about staying on formed tracks - Gungahlin Hill is a prime example where I have nearly been bowled over by cyclists riding "cross country" while I have been "blitzing" the site!.

Mark