canberrabirds

English bird name poll

To: "<>" <>
Subject: English bird name poll
From: John Harris <>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 02:54:57 +0000

This is a bit of a repetition of the discussion about Yellow Rosellas. I am all for keeping the ordinary names that ordinary people can relate to. I spoke about my grandson  and the Yellow Rosella.  I would also like him to see and recognise a Scarlet Honeyeater. He has seen other honeyeaters. If eBird wants to call them Myzomelas, well that is their decision.  All we need is for their system to recognise Scarlet Honeyeater and allow you to choose Scarlet What’s-its-name in the drop down list – or is it drop up?