canberrabirds

Blotchy BB

To: 'COG Chat' <>
Subject: Blotchy BB
From: "" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 03:58:17 +0000

That is an interesting timeline. I would have guessed it would moult in the space of a few weeks, but a family member has been tracking one in their bird bath recently (not in Canberra) and it took around 2 months from initial blotchiness to complete male coat. This seems reasonably consistent with the 2004 observation.

Cheers

Phil