canberrabirds

Scarlet Honeyeater at Bywong

To: CanberraBirds <>
Subject: Scarlet Honeyeater at Bywong
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 00:57:57 +0000
One adult male observed and photographed yesterday at Harriott Road,
Bywong. The observers, Krysia Bamford and Graham Bamford, wrote:
' In spite of the snakes I decided not to let my fear cramp my style and
discovered to my delight a new bird. As you can see it has a gorgeous
red head and belongs to the honeyeater family. The usual birds were not
very welcoming, but it persisted in getting a drink from the birdbath.
'My wife and I have spent hundreds of hours (literally) over the past 20
years or so wandering around the garden or sitting out the verandah with
cameras in hand looking at and photographing birds. Today was our first
sighting of this beautiful Scarlet Honeyeater. BONUS!!
'Hung around for most of the day yesterday [Sunday 21 Jan 18]. It wasn’t
welcomed by the other birdbath users which would be explained by the
unusual nature of the beast. They probably hadn’t seen one before
either! Happy for you to share the photo, but give all credit to my
wife, Krysia Bamford.'

The photos are on the Bywong & Wamboin Hub Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BywongAndWamboin/ . Apparently the bird
is not there today.

David

--
David McDonald
1004 Norton Road

Emails posted to the list that exceed 200 kB in size, including attachments,
will be rejected.
All emails distributed via the list are archived at
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a
condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being
archived.
When subscribing or unsubscribing, please insert the word 'Subscribe' or
'Unsubscribe', as applicable, in the email's subject line.
List manager: David McDonald, email <>