canberrabirds

Another car break in at JW

To: 'Philip Veerman' <>, "" <>
Subject: Another car break in at JW
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 07:41:19 +0000

The quickest way to get things done is to contact both your federal and local politicians and let them know that unless they do something, and do it quickly, then you will not be voting for them in the next election. There is nothing a politician hates more than loosing votes, especially in the local area where things can get quite close. I have done it on a couple of occasions and been pleasantly surprised with the results that I have achieved. It doesn’t matter what side of politics you support you don’t have to let them know. Perhaps a concerted effort by COG members with everyone writing to their local member will get results. It is worth a try.

And yes, I did get the reply that I expected to get from my earlier email. I think Sandra summed up the police reaction quite well – basically they don’t care even when I have reported illegal activity to them in the past. I have been asked “what do you expect us to do?”. My usual reply is “your job”!

Mark