canberrabirds

New Zealand - South Island - information/advice sought

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: New Zealand - South Island - information/advice sought
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:56:16 +0000
Hi All,

I will be going on a 'family trip' to New Zealand in March for approximately 2 weeks. While birding will have to be mostly 'incidental' I am hoping to slot in around 3 targeted birding spots.

I am think of flying in to Wellington so I can visit Zealandia, but after that we will be on the south island and probably the southern part ... Christchurch and south ...

I have been doing some research on eBird and various websites but would really love input/advice from any of you who have spent time over there. I was interested in Stewart Island so would particularly like information/comments either positive or negative regarding Stewart and Ulva islands.

Any other locations that could be slotted in to a family trip would be great, along with information about Zealandia (Wellington) or other  'must see/visit' bird  spots.

Thanks in advance  for the valuable help that I always receive from COG members.

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark