canberrabirds

female Alexandrine Parrakeet

To: "" <>
Subject: female Alexandrine Parrakeet
From: B&RGraham <>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 01:00:09 +0000

This morning I heard an unfamiliar call that turned out to be a female Alexandrine Parrakeet in a large cage belonging to Pakistani ? neighbours. As members of the parrot family have been successful in breeding in the UK and California and Florida is it just a matter of time before this occurs here. My reasoning is that the keeping of caged birds is popular throughout Asia and we have a significant migration from the sub continent across to China.  There is also the custom of releasing caged birds. Would anyone like to predict the next exotic species of Parrot to establish itself here? How many species of parrots have established themselves in new areas across the world. Is it all bad?

Bill Graham