canberrabirds

Mulligan's - Bush Stone-curlews

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Mulligan's - Bush Stone-curlews
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 01:06:51 +0000
Hi All,

For those interested, I observed 6 (possibly 7) Bush Stone-curlews for around 10 minutes late yesterday afternoon near the end of my walk. They were in the same location as my previous three sightings in recent weeks.

Previously I have seen them earlier in the day and they have been very wary and keen to move away, but yesterday they seemed far less nervous and didn't actually move too far at all. I didn't attempt to get very close though.

I was able to photograph 5 leg flags and there were definitely at least 6 birds. One did appear smaller than the rest.

It was the same group as seen previously (B7, C5, D3 & D9) and C6, which could have been one that I couldn't Id last time.

Flickr photos show each of the birds with leg flags clearly ....

Also seen yesterday - two Jacky Winters (thanks for the tip Richard!) and my little Red-capped (robin) friend who was busily having his late afternoon feed.

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark