canberrabirds

Mulligan's - Bush Stone-curlews

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Mulligan's - Bush Stone-curlews
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 10:14:29 +0000
Hi All,

For those interested and those who want information about the Mulligan's Bush Stone-curlews, I saw 9 of them today and 5 yesterday. I have included them on eBird lists but they don't seem to be visible to anyone else at the moment.

Yesterday's sighting was made by three of us (Christine & Linda) and we definitely saw 5 birds but there were possibly more. We didn't get very close at all. Two birds were identified - B7 & C5, but other leg flags weren't seen.

Today I had two 'meetings' with the birds. The first encounter was the exact location of yesterday and there were definitely 7 birds including B7, C5, C7, D3 & D9. Again, they were too far away to obtain more details.

The second encounter was in a different location and about 2.5 hours later. There were only two birds and I was closer to them - A5 & A9.

Any wanting to see photos can do so at :

The little red-capped robin was having lunch as I passed by. There also seemed to be lots of striated thornbills in the reserve at the moment and I noticed  juvenile brown-headed honeyeaters. Some white-naped honeyeaters were also seen yesterday.

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark