canberrabirds

Honeyeater migration here and there

To: Lindsay Hansch <>
Subject: Honeyeater migration here and there
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:12:35 +0000
I have just returned from a drive to Bungendore.  Going along Briars-Sharrow Rd was like driving through a locust swarm: my estimate was at least 500 Yellow-faced Honeyeaters flitting from hawthorn bush to hawthorn bush until the top of a mall rise where they appeared to veer off to the East.

Coming back about 30 minutes later the story was the same.  I suspect, but can't prove that the two sets of birds were different so within the 30 minutes at least 1,000 birds passed through.

Martin