canberrabirds

Out of area. Hobby takes Gang Gang

To: "" <>
Subject: Out of area. Hobby takes Gang Gang
From: shorty <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:25:46 +0000
G'day all,

I have been camping and fishing at Lake Eucumbene but watching out for the birds as well.
This morning 3 Gang Gangs began to fly from my side of the lake to the other when one of the resident Hobby's flew at them. 2 flew back but the third appeared to be herded by the Hobby to the other side. While the Hobby came very close to the Gang Gang i never saw it strike.

The Gang Gang was calling the whole time but when they got to the other side (and out of my sight) there was silence, i assume the Hobby got his breakfast. I would have thought that a Gang Gang would be too large for him to take on?

Shorty