canberrabirds

RE: Koels in Fraser

To: Canberra birds <>
Subject: RE: Koels in Fraser
From: Jack & Andrea Holland <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:23:01 +0000
Steve, interesting, the Koel fledglings I’ve found so far this season also have been quite mobile compared with previous years (possibly because they’ve been more advanced).  I found another one begging loudly in Hamilton Row Yarralumla yesterday morning, but with no obvious host seen until it flew away in the clear and quite high at least 100 m away.

I’m now aware of 13 fledglings but I’m sure there have been more not reported (direct to me is OK).

Jack Holland