canberrabirds

Where do central Canberra ibises roost?

To: 'Dennis Ayliffe' <>, 'chatline' <>
Subject: Where do central Canberra ibises roost?
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 03:28:09 +0000

I am pretty sure that the Australian White Ibis are breeding on the Gungahlin Lakes Golf Course – can any COG golfer confirm this? – and have seen them flying in a “northerly” direction from varies parts of northern Canberra. Perhaps this is where all the birds are heading for as it is not all that far from the O’Connor Ridge. They do breed in “The Sanctuary” at Tidbinbilla NR but that is in the wrong direction from the description given.

Mark