canberrabirds

Outfoxed by a Channel-billed Cuckoo

To: 'Virginia Abernathy' <>, 'Con Boekel' <>, 'canberrabirds chatline' <>
Subject: Outfoxed by a Channel-billed Cuckoo
From: casburnj <>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 11:17:06 +0000

Thanks Virginia

I think I know pretty much all the calls of Koel, unless they make a scream like call which I have not heard before. The call appeared to be coming very close to the Koel location and was simultaneous with the koel –koel call. I guess I will know if I ever hear and see one at the same time.

That said another person also heard a strange call in the Duffy area.

Thanks for your interest.

Jean